Temporary Crown in Turkey
A temporary crown is a temporary restoration used by dentists to protect a prepared tooth while a permanent crown is being fabricated in a dental laboratory. If you need a temporary crown in Turkey, it’s essential to consult with a dentist in the country to ensure you receive the appropriate care. Temporary crowns are typically used as a temporary solution while a permanent crown is being manufactured or while a tooth heals after a procedure.
What is a Temporary Crown?
A temporary crown is a temporary dental restoration used in dentistry. It is typically made of materials such as acrylic or resin and is placed on a prepared tooth after dental work such as a root canal or before a permanent crown is placed. Its purpose is to protect the tooth, maintain its function and prevent sensitivity while a custom permanent crown is fabricated in a dental laboratory. Temporary crowns are not as durable or long-lasting as permanent ones and are designed for short-term use until the final restoration is placed
In Which Situations Are Temporary Crowns Applied?
- Temporary crowns are often used as a placeholder while a patient waits for a custom permanent crown. Once the tooth is prepared, the temporary crown maintains aesthetics, function and protection while the permanent crown is fabricated.
- After a root canal procedure, a temporary crown is placed to cover the treated tooth. This protects the tooth from damage and infection and allows it to continue to function until a permanent crown is placed.
- In multi-session dental treatments, such as implant placement, temporary crowns can be used to preserve tooth appearance and function between appointments.
- It can be used to protect a cracked or broken tooth.
- Temporary crowns can be used as “trial” crowns in cosmetic dentistry. Patients can wear them for a short period of time to evaluate appearance, fit and comfort before making permanent cosmetic changes.
- Temporary crowns can be used as support structures during the creation of dental bridges. They hold space for the final bridge placement while protecting the prepared teeth.
- In some cases, a temporary crown may be placed immediately after tooth extraction to preserve the appearance and function of the space until a more permanent solution, such as a dental implant or bridge, is planned.
How are Temporary Crowns Applied in Turkey?
Temporary crowns are applied in Turkey through a standard dental procedure. Here is a brief overview of the process:
- Tooth Preparation: The dentist prepares the affected tooth, which may include removing damaged areas or shaping it for the placement of the temporary crown.
- Impression Taking: An impression of the prepared tooth is taken to create a customized temporary crown.
- Temporary Crown Placement: The temporary crown, typically made of acrylic or resin, is placed over the prepared tooth using dental cement. It is fixed in place.
- Follow-up Appointments: Patients may need to return for follow-up appointments to ensure the fit and condition of the temporary crown. This is important to prevent any discomfort or problems.
- Permanent Crown: While the temporary crown is in place, a dental laboratory fabricates the permanent crown. When ready, the temporary crown is removed and the permanent crown is placed.
The process in Turkey is similar to dental practices in other countries and focuses on protecting the tooth and maintaining its function until the permanent crown is in place.
How to Care for Temporary Crowns?
Following your daily oral hygiene routines is important to maintain the health of your temporary dental crowns. You should brush and floss twice a day. Clean them carefully so that the temporary crowns do not come off. Avoid hard or sticky foods, as these types of foods can damage the temporary crowns. Also, limit your sugar intake, as sugar can get trapped under the temporary crowns and cause tooth decay. Avoid excessively hot or cold foods too, as this can reduce the durability of the temporary veneers. Mild discomfort is normal after a temporary dental crown is fitted, but if the pain persists or increases, you should contact your dentist. Such pain may be caused by the length of the temporary veneers or may be a sign of dental problems.
Why Should I Get Temporary Crowns in Turkey?
Getting a temporary crown in Turkey is recommended for several reasons. Firstly, it prevents further damage or discomfort by ensuring the protection and functionality of your teeth being treated or prepared between dental appointments. Secondly, it allows time for custom permanent crowns to be fabricated, ensuring an accurate fit and a more aesthetically pleasing result. Additionally, temporary crowns are affordable and readily available in Turkey, making them a practical choice for dental procedures that require temporary solutions. Finally, dentists in Turkey are skilled and experienced in placing temporary crowns, ensuring quality care throughout your treatment process.
How Much Do Temporary Crowns Cost in Turkey?
The cost of temporary crowns in Turkey can vary depending on factors such as the specific dental practice, region and materials used. It is very important to consult a local dentist or dental clinic to get an accurate estimate of temporary crown prices in Turkey based on your individual situation and any additional services required.
You can contact Esteworld to get detailed information about 2023 temporary crown prices in Turkey. Meet Esteworld’s expert dentists and get the smile you want.