Endosteal Implants in Turkey
Endosteal implants are a frequently preferred method of dental implantation and these implants made of titanium are placed directly into the jawbone. Thanks to their biocompatible properties, these titanium implants integrate with the jawbone and form a durable foundation. Endosteal implants are an effective solution for individuals with one or more missing teeth. By providing a solid foundation that resembles natural teeth, it makes it possible to fix prosthetic teeth. In this article, we will discuss the advantages of endosteal implants, the application process and comparison with other implant types.
What is Endosteal Implants?
Endosteal implants are a type of dental implant used to replace missing teeth. The term “endosteal” is derived from the Greek words “endo” (within) and “osteos” (bone), indicating that these implants are placed within the bone of the jaw. They are the most common type of dental implants used today.
The endosteal implant is typically made of biocompatible materials like titanium, which allows for integration with the jawbone. The implant resembles a small screw or post and is surgically placed directly into the jawbone to serve as an artificial tooth root. Once placed, the jawbone gradually fuses or integrates with the implant through a process called osseointegration, providing a stable and strong foundation for the replacement tooth or teeth.
Once the implant has fully integrated with the jawbone, a dental crown, bridge, or denture can be securely attached to the implant, restoring the appearance and functionality of natural teeth.
Endosteal implants are versatile and can be used to replace a single tooth, multiple teeth, or even to support full arches of teeth in cases of complete edentulism. They offer a reliable, long-term solution for individuals seeking a durable and natural-looking tooth replacement option.
To whom is endosteal implant treatment applied?
Endosteal implants are an effective dental implant option recommended to suitable candidates. The general characteristics of suitable candidates for endosteal implant treatment are as follows:
- Good general health,
- Good oral health
- No bone loss in the jawbone
- People with healthy gum tissue and
- Endosteal implants may be the right option for individuals with a fully developed jawbone.
Considering these situations, endosteal implant treatment can be planned.
How is Endosteal Implant Treatment Performed?
The endosteal implant treatment involves a series of steps and stages, typically conducted over several months, to ensure the successful placement and integration of the implant into the jawbone. General overview of how the endosteal implant treatment is performed:
- The first step is the evaluation of the mouth and jawbone condition by the dentist. X-rays and other imaging techniques are used to examine the jawbone structure and gum health. This evaluation is important to create the appropriate treatment plan.
- Local anaesthesia is applied to the area where the implant will be placed. This prevents the patient from feeling pain.
- After local anaesthesia, implants are placed in the jawbone in the appropriate position. The implants, similar to natural tooth roots, integrate with the jawbone and form a solid foundation.
- A certain period of time is waited for the implants to fuse with the jawbone and heal. This period is important for the implant to fully settle and integrate with the jawbone.
- After the implants have healed, connection parts called abutments are placed on the implants. These parts are used for fixing the prosthetic teeth.
- Specially prepared prosthetic tooth or teeth are placed on the abutments in accordance with the patient’s oral structure. Prosthetic teeth should resemble natural teeth aesthetically and functionally.
Endosteal implant treatment is carried out with these steps determined in accordance with the patient’s oral health and long-lasting results are obtained with proper care.
What are the Advantages of Endosteal Implant Treatment?
Endosteal implant treatment has a number of advantages. These are;
- Endosteal implants have a proven track record of high success rates, often exceeding 95% when placed and maintained by a skilled dentist.
- Natural looking and functional
- Endosteal implants are manufactured from biocompatible materials such as titanium, providing a durable and long-lasting solution for tooth replacement.
- Unlike dental bridges, endosteal implants do not require the replacement or reduction of neighbouring healthy teeth and preserve natural tooth structure.
- Integration of the implant into the jawbone helps stimulate bone growth and prevent bone loss, preserving the structure of the jawbone and facial aesthetics.
- Implants do not decay and are resistant to decay. They also promote good oral hygiene practices by providing easy access for brushing and flossing.
- Final restorations (crowns, bridges or dentures) attached to endosteal implants are customised to match the natural shape, size and colour of the patient’s teeth, resulting in an aesthetic and harmonious smile.
- Endosteal implants offer stability and comfort, allowing individuals to speak, chew, and smile with confidence without concerns of shifting or discomfort often seen with other denture options.
Why Should I Get an Endosteal Implant in Turkey?
Getting endosteal implants in Turkey is a logical choice because of the winning combination of high-quality dental care, experienced specialists, cost-effectiveness and state-of-the-art facilities. Turkey offers world-class healthcare services at extremely affordable prices that are significantly lower than most Western countries. Moreover, the country’s tourism infrastructure makes it easy to seamlessly integrate dental treatment with an enriching travel experience exploring Turkey’s fascinating culture and history. With competent English-speaking professionals and efficient treatment times, Turkey is an attractive destination for successful and cost-effective endosteal implant procedures.
What is the Cost of Endosteal Implant?
The cost of an endosteal implant can vary depending on factors such as location, reputation of the dental clinic, expertise of the surgeon, implant material and complexity of the procedure. Turkey offers better service at a more affordable cost compared to European countries. This cost-effectiveness without compromising on quality and expertise is an important reason why many people choose to have their endosteal implants done in countries that offer high quality dental care at a fraction of the cost found in other parts of the world.
You can contact Esteworld to get detailed information about 2023 endosteal implant prices in Turkey. Meet Esteworld’s expert dentists and get the smile you want